I think I'm secretly much older than 25. I just like and do too many things that are associated with people who are older.
1. I LOVE potlucks
2. I like casseroles.
3. I prefer hymns and liturgy to praise and worship and "contemporary" church music
4. When we drove to Kansas for Christmas I insisted we bring sandwiches for lunch, and not just any sandwiches, but egg salad sandwiches.
5. I just don't understand teenagers today
6. I'm extremely frugal. I got excited the other day because there was a $1.00 off coupon for oatmeal (the canister kind) in the Sunday paper.
7. I only eat oatmeal from canisters.
8. I have many friends who are 55+
9. I participate in organizations and groups where I am easily the youngest by at least 20 years (some I'm the youngest by 40 years)
I think these examples might help explain why people always think I'm older than 25. Multiple people recently have commented about how they thought I was older. No, I'm not, I'm just a big dork.